Works well, in decent cosmetic condition. Handy unit for live tracking in the studio and many other applications. From the manufacturer:
The U.S.Audio/Whirlwind DA-2 is a 2-channel audio distribution amplifier featuring switchable 2 x 4 or 1 x 8 configurations, electronically balanced XLR outputs and active XLR inputs. This high-headroom, high-output unit is equipped with individual level controls and LED indicators for each output, and a separate headphone output with a dedicated volume control.
The DA-2 is a high-performance distribution amplifier, built with quality components, and available at a surprisingly moderate price point.
- 2-Channel rackmount distribution amplifier with 2-in/4-out configuration or mono-summed 1-in/8-out using Combine mode switch
- XLR electronically balanced line-level inputs and outputs with separate output level control knobs
- Headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Instrumentation grade input differential amplifiers with high 90dB Common Mode Rejection; tunable input impedance
- Individual red clip LED’s with warning illumination at 3dB below clipping, green signal present indication
- 22dB headroom at unity gain, better than 74dB of isolation between outputs
- Rear panel ground lift switch